Sunday, May 6, 2012

My attempt at "baking"

Here's a picture blog post of my attempt at making a red velvet cake and a Canadian classic "icebox pudding."

Putting my kitchen to use for the very first time!
Started with preparing the batter for the velvet cake...clumpy.

Okay, this is starting to look right...

Getting closer with that food coloring and cocoa...

Yeahhh!!! We're getting there! Pop it into the oven.

While the cake was baking, I worked on the icebox pudding...and found out that I'm quite good at separating egg white and yolk (a critical step to a successful icebox pudding)!

Whipped egg white (making meringue can't be much harder than this, right?)

Lots of citrus for the pudding

Combined the whipped yolk (with sugar), whipped egg white, and citrus juice. Hm, looks like I forgot to get the cream...

Red velvet cake success!

Icebox pudding...had to be frozen overnight.

The final product. Happy early birthday :)



P.S. The whipped cream is a critical component to the icebox pudding. Guess I dropped the ball on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment