Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Marriage and Love

Well, it's about 9:30 and I've been in lab now for roughly 12 hrs...the usual, really! Work has definitely picked up. I am here in the lab a lot, but my work has been somewhat paying off because I've got preliminary results! Yay! Group meetings and developmental biology seminars are still sometimes difficult to follow when they contain too much genetics or jargon I don't know yet. But as far as the work I do, everything is so far so good!

I have done much less exploring of the city since my first two weeks being here because all of my time has been sequestered by research. I still try to meet up with some friends once a week to have dinner or lunch on the weekends to catch up.

In other news, one of my best friends growing up, Sherri, just got engaged to her boyfriend of 13 years!!! They've been dating since they were freshmen in high school at Silver Creek! I am so.so.so.soooo excited and sooooo happy for them! Sher and I still have a great friendship after knowing each other for almost 16 years now. No matter how long we could go without talking, once we get together again, it's like no time has passed. Consider yourself lucky if you have at least one friend like that. Luckily for me, I have a handful and Sherri is one of them. Sher and Rhalph are two of the kindest, most caring, most positive souls in the world and I couldn't be happier for any couple. Sher and I have already started texting pictures of wedding dresses back and forth. Looking forward to Summer 2013!! Wedding expos and dress shopping, here we come! One of my other good friends, Whitney, and her boyfriend of about 10 years are getting married in 2 weeks! I am a bridesmaid and awfully excited about that too. Then, in August, I will be attending the wedding of two other good friends Huy and Gina. Then, in October, it's Amanda and Jonathan's turn in Madison, WI! Kelly and Dave will be getting married on July 7, but unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Either way, it's gonna be a very joyous few months coming up that I will get to witness!

I just wanna say that I am so happy for all my friends who know that they're with the right one for them, and tying the knot. Marriage is such a long term decision...this is the person who you will share and RAISE CHILDREN with, share your finances, a mortgage, families, etc...I commend you all. I do believe that you will just know when someone is the perfect person for you to share the rest of your life with and for you to create beautiful memories with. In the past, I always had doubts at the back of my mind, sometimes they were small, sometimes they were big enough to take me down, and that's how I just knew that he was not the right one for me. It's not easy breaking the heart of someone who has never done anything wrong. I've done so much thinking and reflection the last few months and I think I know now how true, passionate, inconvenient, serendipitous, unconditional love should be. When push comes to shove, I believe that I should want to sacrifice everything I have to be with that person, to make them happy, to make them feel wanted, loved, and appreciated, without any resentment or any desire to look back. I believe that when it is the right person, I would turn my world upside down for him. And it wouldn't feel forced...it would feel natural. I am so happy for my friends who have found their right-one. I can't wait and I feel so honored to get to celebrate your marriage with you!

Love is definitely on my mind tonight...it's almost 11 pm, time to head back to the Outer Sunset. Goodnight. Hope to update again in less than a month.

My favorite flowers are in bloom :)


Clay Walker - I'd Love To Be Your Last

No comments:

Post a Comment