Wednesday, February 29, 2012

185

185 pages. 185 pages of glory. My dissertation has been turned in! The biggest weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have not felt this happy since the day of my post-doc interview in San Francisco. I had an amazing day. Turned in my thesis, had a great science lunch/meeting with a colleague to discuss her research. Apparently she's making me an author on her paper for my intellectual contributions! We then went next door to a favorite Biochem hang-out called The Library Bar and had a couple of beers after the meeting. Followed by a delicious dinner at Ha Long Bay with some friends, courtesy of an old buddy in Texas (who literally called into the restaurant leaving an open tab for us!).

All I want to do now is paint my nails, watch some trashy TV and hit the sack. I have not slept well in a really long time. 9 days until the defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment