Thursday, July 12, 2012

Matinenda recap --next trip suggestion?

Sorry it's been a while --I'm gonna continue to use the same excuse over and over again (and it's always true) --work has been crazy! And it keeps getting crazier. My lab will be moving to Stanford by November and it's kind of a big deal. Because of my experiments, I will begin going back and forth between Stanford and UCSF, where we are now, starting this Monday.

We had a great time at Lake Matinenda. I was disconnected from the internet, email, my iPhone and my social network for almost a week and I did not once miss it. I didn't miss make-up, electricity, or plumbing either. Yes, I used the outhouse and it wasn't so bad at all. At 27, I am slowly getting over my fear of non-home-bathrooms. I loved the lake that we stayed at, and it meant a lot for me to be there with my special person. We did not catch any lake trouts (we tried, but were unsuccessful). Although I did catch some small mouth bass and rock bass!

Campfire at dusk our first night

Waterfall

Pretty flower

My fav picture...our breakfast after a morning of fishing

View of Lake Matinenda from a hike

Lake at dusk

Happy campers :)

Am starting to think about where in the world I want to go next year --I am thinking in the Spring. I love nature and the outdoors, and I LOVE food. I also like people --especially locals. I'd like to go to a place with some character. But I need it to be somewhere affordable! I'm down to camp most of my time abroad. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. how about Singapore, Bali, Phuket.... :-)

    ReplyDelete