Sunday, April 1, 2012

First night

Ahh...home sweet home. First night in my new apartment. Christy and I found it my first day in the city after seeing at least 3 other places...all disgusting and dingy and all in the tenderloin. The apt I ended up taking is one that christy saw posted on her Craigslist app. My Craigslist app had filtered it out bc it didn't have any pictures, but luckily christy saw it and brought it to my attention. Although it was far from campus we decided to check it out anyway bc it was so cheap and was in the neighborhood that Geoff, her boyfriend, really likes. So, we drove 30 mins over to the outer sunset neighborhood --the apt is in a small complex directly across from the ocean. I really liked it when I first stepped in, it felt like it could be home. But what sold it was the rent --$1100 a month ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED!! I was sold!! There wont be much sun in this neighborhood, but I figured I would be at work during the hours when the sun is out anyway so it doesn't matter. My windows look out to a little gap between the buildings, so that's a bit depressing, but the fact that I am across from the ocean and a few blocks from the golden gate park and all utilities are included, it was an easy decision. Plus, I would be able to keep rent at ~30% my income, which was my goal, so I can save money for more important things like traveling!

Tomorrow is my first day of work! Bed (or more like floor) time...I hope I'm not too excited to sleep! Kinda feels like the first day of school when I was younger...the excitement and anticipation of a new beginning!

4 comments:

  1. A whole studio for u alone without sharing with room mates ? Soooo cool !!! Congrats babe ! Looks very cosy n comfy. So happy for u. Hey, can I buy something for your new appt ? What do u need ? Oven ? Microwave ? Table ? Tell me n I will buy them for u. Wire the $ n u go buy what u like ok ? From Elisa & Elody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khanh - Congrats on the successful move! We'll miss you lots in Madison, but I'm sure you'll be a superstar in your new lab. Keep up with the blogging, and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misa, Where are all the boxes of you new shoes ?? I don't see them on the picture ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hannah and chi Thuan! I don't need any furniture, chi Thuan, got everything I need! And my shoes haven't arrived yet ;) they're with all my other shoes in a giant box I had to ship. Hannah, I already miss you guys! I'll definitely keep in touch, let me know if you ever head out this way!

    ReplyDelete